Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Magic of a Moon Wish

(photo credit: Oreo)

Just gazing at the full moon increases the energy of the intention you hold in your mind. But many people also find it comforting and soothing to connect with its energy.

While you might be familiar with the concept of making wishes or dedicating intentions during the full moon, you may not be aware that every moon phase is magical and powerful and can be used as part of the process of changing your life or making your dreams come true.

Here, in brief, are the moon phases and their uses. I've simplified the explanation here so you can see clearly the path from making a wish to using all of the moon's power to manifest the change or make it come true. In future posts, as we land on each phase, I will describe them in much more detail.

Waning Crescent Moon: Identify your intention.

New Moon: Consecrate your intention, dedicating this moon cycle to it.

Waxing Crescent Moon: Begin to gather ideas about how to manifest your intention.

First Quarter Moon: Identify and work through fears and limiting beliefs that might get in the way of manifesting your intention.

Waxing Gibbous Moon: Seek intuitive guidance for more information about this issue or intention.

Full Moon: Give it all you've got as you use this time to empower your intention.

Waning Gibbous Moon: Reflect on all you've done, identifying any remaining work around letting go you might need to do to clear space for your intention.

Third Quarter Moon: Create a letting go ritual for anything you identified in the previous phase.

And then, rest, before the cycle begins again!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. My son just asked me the other day to explain what each of the phases of the moon is called. Thanks for the wonderful graphic and info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen it spelled out quite so clearly before. Thank you for this. Looking forward to connecting with you again during the UBChallenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loralee! I never had, either, so I'm glad I can share it here. Glad, too, to connect through the UBC!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this! I never knew that there was such a meaning of the each phase of the moon. Thank you for summarizing it. And I love the Oreo pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love that pic, too. You're welcome.

      Delete
  4. Awesome post Jeanine...I love the oreo pic too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have GOT to print this out and save it, because it's amazing. I love it and this is going to be fun. The Oreo picture is amazing.

    One thing I do is reaffirm my intentions every morning and every evening and I always do a "what am I attracting right now" check in during the day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much!! That sounds great. I love the idea of checking in and asking, "what am I attracting right now?" Of course, I am thinking half the time, I would be aghast and it would prompt me to change my thinking immediately. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts! Let me know where you are and I'll come say hello at your place next.

By the way, I know that sometimes my readers disagree with what I say here and I wanted to let you know that not only is it okay with me if you happen to as well, but you also are welcome to tell me so, as long as you do so kindly.

Have a great day!
~Jeanine