Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What about Your Stories?


What Stories Has Your Life
Been Telling?


In yesterday's post, I asked you to identify your favorite stories from childhood. What were the stories you wanted to hear again and again? Today, I want you to keep those stories in mind as you consider these next questions in which we compare those stories to the stories you've lived.

1) Think about some of the stories you have lived. Would any of your experiences fit the framework or theme of one of the childhood stories you identified above?

2) Were any of your stories stuck in the Land of Before?

(a) Before good triumphed over evil?

(b) Before the rescue?

(c) Before the awakening?

(d) Before the "happily ever after"?

3) If you could rewrite the stories of your life, what would you change?

(a) Would you add a fairy godmother or a good witch or a superhero?

(b)What superpower would the hero or heroine (you) have?

(c)Where would you wave the magic wand?

4) Taking a look again at those stories, what might your heroic quest be?


(photo credit: The Legend of Kung Fu Rabbit, Entertainment New Media Network)

Found through Google at Sarah's Blog of Fun: http://www.sarahsblogoffun.com/2013/09/kung-fu-rabbit-movie-review-and-giveaway.html


Have a great day!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
So many of us live our lives stuck in neutral.
Do you ever feel that way?
What if you could get yourself unstuck & finally heal
whatever is blocking you from the life that's waiting for you.
Announcing the Moon Healing eKit:
a 4-week eCourse for healing what's in the way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

4 comments:

  1. I just read your post from yesterday, the story I loved the most growing up was Sleeping Beauty. It's my favorite Disney story. Aurora prinks her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and ends up in an eternal slumber. Prince Phillip saves her of course. These questions are kind of deep but let's try...

    I'm not sure what I would change. I guess I would have gone to college sooner. I just graduated this past year at 33 when most people graduate at 22 but I also put myself through school while working fulltime so that's the explanation to that. I would not have stayed at a job I didn't enjoy just for the money. I'd try not to be so afraid to give someone a chance. And yes I'd definitely want a fairy godmother to give me advice and guidance! -Paulette Romero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paulette! Sleeping Beauty was my favorite story, too, and I have learned a lot from using it as a template to understand my own life. Those are great answers!! One of the things I wish I could change is not ever going to sleep. When I think things like, "how come I am just now...?" I know it's because I spent so much of my life unaware.

      Delete
  2. What a neat way to create a short story as well if you are a writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jewel! Are you a writer? If so, I hope I gave you some good ideas. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts! Let me know where you are and I'll come say hello at your place next.

By the way, I know that sometimes my readers disagree with what I say here and I wanted to let you know that not only is it okay with me if you happen to as well, but you also are welcome to tell me so, as long as you do so kindly.

Have a great day!
~Jeanine