Friday, January 17, 2014

Encouragement for the Journey


Encouragement for the Journey


(photo credit: Garchibald.com)


Next week, I will ask you to begin to identify which story your life is telling and to consider whether or not it's time to change the plot and/or the ending. But first, some encouragement and a description of what it may feel like to decide that change is necessary...

"Courage is about stepping into your grander self, your bigger story. What are your fears and where do you find that you limit yourself? What are the limiting beliefs that keep you from stepping into your bigger, courageous self?" –Jean Houston

"Bang! You may come to a sudden realization that your life is not working for you. Some part of your life doesn't quite fit any more, like an old sweater that’s two sizes too small. You can only suck your gut in for so long before you lose your breath. You can only put on a happy face when you're feeling awful for so long before your eyes betray you. Just as the wakeup call says 'no more sleep for you', the personal wakeup call says, 'enough! I can't live this way anymore. It's time to make a change.' -Ian Lawton

James Baldwin said, 'Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.'"

"One way we keep ourselves small is by thinking we’re not good enough. We’re not smart enough, not pretty enough, not educated enough, endlessly not enough. Imagine what you could do if you knew, without a doubt, that you were enough. What would you do?" –Katherine Martin, Those Who Dare: Real People, Real Courage 


Have a great weekend!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
So many of us live our lives stuck in neutral.
Do you ever feel that way?
What if you could get yourself unstuck & finally heal
whatever is blocking you from the life that's waiting for you.
Announcing the Moon Healing eKit:
a 4-week eCourse for healing what's in the way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

4 comments:

  1. This is a nice post and food for thought. Indeed, what would we do if we could believe, without a doubt, that we were enough? It's taking those first steps that are the most difficult. Why is it so hard? Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm glad I found your site! I'll be back. Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne! You're right, sometimes the first steps are the hardest. I'm glad you found my site, too, and will look forward to seeing you again.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I think I wrote this comment already but if it is not there I am making sure.

    You have given me food for thought for a few months I've been thinking that I really want to go back to live in England, we moved to Spain in 2012.

    I will have the courage to really talk it with my husband. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm so glad to have been able to help. How exciting!! Hope it works out for you, Liliana.

      Delete

Thanks so much for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts! Let me know where you are and I'll come say hello at your place next.

By the way, I know that sometimes my readers disagree with what I say here and I wanted to let you know that not only is it okay with me if you happen to as well, but you also are welcome to tell me so, as long as you do so kindly.

Have a great day!
~Jeanine