Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Feminine Face of God


The Feminine Face of God

Now Reading...

 Running the gamut from Anglicanism to Zen, psychologist Anderson and consultant Hopkins present an uncritical examination of uniquely feminine aspects of faith. Offering a complex, densely layered montage, based on extensive interviews with over one hundred women--each of whom has "found her own direct relationship with the divine or the real''- -the authors seek to extend studies positing a distinctly feminine moral development to a consideration of "the way women experience the sacred in their lives." Included are ministers, rabbis, priests, nuns, and former nuns (both Christian and Vedantic), spiritual healers, tribal elders, and contemplatives, working variously as therapists, teachers, writers, artists, and social activists, and all meeting a basic requirement of striving to "embody" their beliefs "in everyday life.'" Most compelling within this spiritual supermarket are several detailed looks at individual quests...~~Kirkus Review

Want to join me? I'd love to discuss it with you!

Have a great day!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 
What would it be like to design a daily spiritual practice
that's perfect for you because it's based on
who you are at the core?
Take the Mystic Quiz and discover the mystic within
who has been waiting to be found.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

6 comments:

  1. That looks like an awesome read. I'll have to add it to my (long) list of books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good book. It's not easy finding a lot of biblical women in the bible. Most of the focus are on the men's stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And I am enjoying it immensely to read the stories of all the women they interviewed for the book.

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting. I'll need to add it to my list. Currently reading three different books for various book discussions. Need to wrap a couple up before diving into a new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know what you mean because I am doing the same thing. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts! Let me know where you are and I'll come say hello at your place next.

By the way, I know that sometimes my readers disagree with what I say here and I wanted to let you know that not only is it okay with me if you happen to as well, but you also are welcome to tell me so, as long as you do so kindly.

Have a great day!
~Jeanine