Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Feminine Face of God: Leaving Home


The Feminine Face of God




The women at Your Inner Goddess Circle are reading this book, too, and in this video, Megan continues the discussion we started last week about how spiritual growth and transformation often starts with a profoundly disruptive loss of what once made you feel secure. The promise is that eventually, just as is sometimes true with knitting or other craft projects, what is being pulled apart will be put back together in a new, even stronger, better way.




Have you experienced that kind of tearing apart to be remade new in any area of your life? I have experienced it almost every time my faith or beliefs shifted in a major way. I completely agree about both how disruptive and disturbing it is in the beginning, and how the end process feels like a better creation than what I had before.

Has it been that way for you, too? 

"Each woman leaves home in her own way. However, each of the women whose stories we have told found ways to be faithful to what was coming into form and emerging from within them. Moreover, this faithfulness did not spring from any idealized notion of what she should do or be or believe. It came through risking 'encounters at the edgelessness of reality,' as Meinrad Craighead puts it, 'facing the anxiety of the uncertain and ambiguous' and learning to trust the process unfolding through her own life." ~~p.71 


Have a great day!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 
What would it be like to design a daily spiritual practice
that's perfect for you because it's based on
who you are at the core?
Take the Mystic Quiz and discover the mystic within
who has been waiting to be found.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

6 comments:

  1. I like the analogy of being pulled apart, like knitting, to be put back again but stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must be some really empowering stories in the book.. will look for it.
    ~Dominique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dominique! There definitely are!! All over it. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I am constantly being pulled apart only to be rebuilt again. I honestly WISH I would grow so that this pulling apart felt more like a shedding or a gentle peeling. I have realized that whenever I have a breakdown there is a break through around the corner... as long as I keep pushing through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO true!! As long as you keep pushing through. I often feel exactly the same way, that I wish I would just hurry up and grow, or grasp whatever it is I am supposed to be learning so I can move past the pulling apart stage. And YES, gentle peeling, please! Totally agree on that, too. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts! Let me know where you are and I'll come say hello at your place next.

By the way, I know that sometimes my readers disagree with what I say here and I wanted to let you know that not only is it okay with me if you happen to as well, but you also are welcome to tell me so, as long as you do so kindly.

Have a great day!
~Jeanine