Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Toward a Deeper Daily Spiritual Practice: Contemplative Silence


Daily Spiritual Practice


"Within the stillness and silence of contemplation, we discover that the boundaries of self-identity that usually appear so firm and solid are actually far more porous, flexible and fluid than we realized. From a centered place of calm, we lose our strict sense of separation and isolation from the rest of the natural world. We enter into a liminal space in which we can experience the myriad connections that weave us together with poignancy and clarity." ~Allison Leigh Lilly

These are the moments in our daily spiritual practice when we are open to connection, to guidance, to change. And it's an important step in the process.

If you are used to ending your spiritual practice each day without ever getting to this step, I encourage you to give it a try. Even five minutes of silent contemplation can be very powerful.

If you try it this week, or try any of these steps we've been looking at this month, let me know how it goes.



Have a great day!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 
What if you could finally heal
whatever is blocking you from the life that's waiting for you?
Coming March 17th: the The Magical Moon Healing eCourse:
6-weeks of moon magic for healing what's in the way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts! Let me know where you are and I'll come say hello at your place next.

By the way, I know that sometimes my readers disagree with what I say here and I wanted to let you know that not only is it okay with me if you happen to as well, but you also are welcome to tell me so, as long as you do so kindly.

Have a great day!
~Jeanine