Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Faerietale Happiness Challenge: A Dr. Seuss Great Day

One of the things I am learning while doing this challenge is that moments of happiness should be planned for and spread throughout the day, not saved for after all the work is done, when I might be too tired to enjoy them!

I had a nearly perfect day that in retrospect was not exactly orderly. When I got up, the first thing I did was watch a TV show with my son that I had saved on my DVR. Then we drank vanilla and apple cider tea and ate breakfast and afterward, instead of rushing into work and homeschooling, we played Encore.


(photo credit: meijer.com)


That was so much fun!! We both love to sing, so imagine a game where you get to sing. We aren't sure what the rules are, because this lower-priced Amazon purchase came without any instructions whatsoever, but we have a blast every time we play.

Then, when I did get to work, planning a faerie priestess course I am working on, I enjoyed it, too.

I took a break for a little spring cleaning, followed by reading and a Hallmark movie.

Now, I did pair some work online while watching the movie but what a great day. I give it a daily simple happiness rating of 8.

What was your last day of simple happiness like?

Want some happiness now? Listen to this video I found in another UBC blogger's recent post...




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
What if you could finally heal
whatever is blocking you from the faerietale life
that's waiting for you?
http://www.faerietalecoach.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

8 comments:

  1. Hi again, Jeanine. After reading your post yesterday, I had to return today.

    I am a great believer in finding the simple magic moments in each day. Some days have more than others.

    It goes along with asking myself how I want to feel each day. When we see the magic within each day, we can't help buy find even more.

    Have a magical day. (By the way, I borrowed that from Disney cast members. It was their "bye" line for a couple of years. They no longer use it, but I still do.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming back!! I really appreciate that. I agree with everything you've said here and all of that is my purpose. Create simple magic moments. Find the magic in each day. All of that. :) You have a magical day, too!

      Delete
  2. Today's simple happiness wasn't so simple. I worked hard for it - today I achieved a goal two years in the making. But normally, a simple happiness for me is a day with sunshine - not so common where I live! I got a big kick out of the game you bought with no rules - so you just went ahead and made up your own. Loved the story. Alana from the UBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alana! I know, isn't that funny? We didn't know it wouldn't have rules, but what are you gonna do? I like that ~ a day with sunshine! Makes the day so much better. I'm very sensitive to weather changes. Hey, congratulations on achieving your goal!! That's wonderful!

      Delete
  3. You know, yesterday I was singing love songs to my plants and just having the best time and realized, "I am really, really, really happy." It just felt so great and for no apparent reason.

    It feels good, doesn't it?

    I love how the "out of orderness" of your day was part of the happiness creativity of it all. My kids and I love the sappy movies on Hallmark. Viva la movies!

    Love!

    Julie Jordan Scott
    The Bold Writer from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Julie, I just LOVE those kinds of moments!! When it just hits you that you're happy. Yeah, we love those Hallmark movies, too!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog, I just checked out yours. From the UBC challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for coming to visit and sharing your thoughts! Let me know where you are and I'll come say hello at your place next.

By the way, I know that sometimes my readers disagree with what I say here and I wanted to let you know that not only is it okay with me if you happen to as well, but you also are welcome to tell me so, as long as you do so kindly.

Have a great day!
~Jeanine